WORAWORA S.H.S. DIGEST
- VISION OF THE SCHOOL
- To put in place permissive academic environment for both teaching and learning through effective management of resources and facilities.
- To raise the standard of the school to a higher status.
- Encourage In-service programmes in the form of Workshops, external subject association meetings, as well as staff and departmental meetings for updating knowledge and skill.
- To ensure that processes are transparent and participatory.
- To embark on intensive enrolment drive thereby increase student population and ensuring at least ninety percent retension irrespective of gender, ethnic and religious affiliation.
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of supervision in the school.
- Ensure there is job specification for positions and then delegate functions accordingly.
- Produce young men and women with sound and relevant pre-tertiary academic training and education.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
The crest explains the vision and mission of the school.
That is to excel in its efforts.
This is represented by the shining sun over the book in the crest.
The other part is acquiring of professions and success.
This is also represented by the cocoa tree and the crown on stool.
Hence the motto: Perseverance, integrity and initiative.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Worawora Senior High School was established in 1969 as a private Secondary/Commercial School. It was absorbed as a public Institution in 1975. It is a co-educational Institution for boarding and day students.
The Worawora Senior High School is one of the two schools in the newly created Biakoye District. Currently it is under the Jasikan District for its over-sight responsibility. The school has since 2000 to date recorded hundred percent in the final year WAEC examinations.
It is a fast growing second circle institution. It is a co-educational boarding school with its enrolment increasing from 250 students in 2003/2004 academic year then 300 in 2004/2005 academic year. Currently, the school has an enrolment of 696 students for this 2009/2010 academic year. It is located at the Western part of Worawora town on a level ground at the left hand side of the Jasikan/Asukawkaw road in the Volta Region. Thus on the corridor of the Krachi West and East Districts in terms of enrolment.
The school has a total of 194.7 acres of land which is under utilized.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
The school has only a 2 storey 18 – unit classroom block containing all the existing offices in the school, namely:
The school has one football field for its sporting activities and an assemble hall is urgently needed for other social gathering.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
The Academic Programmes originally granted the school were:
- General Science
- Home Economics
- General Arts
- Visual Arts and
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day