YEJI SENIOR HIGH/TECHNICAL SCHOOL
The vision of management and staff of the school is to help train students to be useful to themselves and the society.
In an attempt to train students to be useful to themselves and the society, the school aims at training students to be honest, sincere and to develop right attitudes and skills. The school therefore hates cheating in examination whether internal or external.
- SCHOOL CRESTS AND MOTTO
The school crest has a book depicting acquisition of knowledge, a canoe which refers to the fishing industry, a crossed hammer and spanner showing that the school offers technical programme and a hoe which also recognizes the fact that students are also trained to be able to use the hoe even after school.
The motto of the school is Knowledge, Industry and Freedom.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION
- The school was established in September, 1981. It was originally an Experimental Junior Secondary School. It was formed when the building of four basic schools were converted to form the Secondary School.
- The School is situated at the Southern part of the town originally known as Yeji Kou.
- The telephone number of the school is 061-95045.
- The School has not celebrated any anniversary since its inception.
- The school is not a fully recognized boarding institution. However, there are students in the boarding house who are fed three times a day.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- SSCE: Some students who wrote the SSCE have been able to graduate form the from the various Universities in the country some are teaching in the school while others are in business and industries in the country.
- WASSCE: The results of WASSCE have been good over the years. The school scored ninety-nine percent in the 2008/09 WASSCE.
- Regional Games: The school has been doing well in regional games. In the 2008/09, the girl’s soccer team took the first position during the regional games.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- The classrooms in the school are not enough. Efforts are being made by the P.T.A to increase the number.
- The school has one classroom which serves as a Laboratory. The equipment is few.
- Recreational Grounds:
The school has a beautiful football field and a volleyball court. Plans are ripe for the construction of a handball court.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
The school runs four Programmes. These are; General Arts, Business, Technical and Home Economics.
- General Arts ‘Geography Economics, Government, History and French, Elective Mathematics, Islamic Religious Studies, Christian Religious studies, General Knowledge in Art.
- Business Business Management, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Principle of costing.
- Home Economics Biology, Management in Living, Food Nutrition and Economics.
- Technical : Technical drawing, Auto Mechanics, Building & Construction, Elective Mathematics, Wood work, Physics.
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The students belong to various associations in the school namely; The Red Cross, Cadet Corps, Debating Society, Cultural Troupe and Choir.
- i) Old Students:-
The Old Students of the school are not properly organized. The Old Students do not help the school in any way.
- ii) Parent – Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA is very strong. Most of the projects in the school are funded by it. They have purchased items like television sets, a refrigerator and other items for the school.
iii) Traditional Authority:
The Traditional Authority has no influence on the school. However the claim that the school is on their land and therefore it is community school but no help comes from them. The Chiefs even do not visit the school to know her problems.
- iv) District Assembly
The role of the district assembly with regard to the provision of infrastructure has not been felt in the school. The assembly has been giving verbal promises. The school cannot boast of any structure which the assembly has provided the school so far.
- v) Others
The E.U. has provided the school with two blocks which the students have been using.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day